Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not working 10 minutes after startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MomoU

MomoU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

When I open my computer, it takes about 5 minutes to open. After that, it runs normally for about 3 minutes. Then it starts to go downhill. The computer stalls and can't open any programs. I usually have to wait 5 minutes before I can even click anything in the program or even scroll down. I checked the task manager and it says that I am using 99% of my Disk, even though everything is only using 0.0% of it. I can't put the system specs because the computer is too slow and is not able to open things through search or the windows key. After 10 minutes, the screen just goes purple, and the desktop doesn't show. Finally, It just turns black.

Computer (off of my head):

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7

32-bit

Dell inspiron 15.6 inch screen

Edited by MomoU, 01 December 2016 - 09:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

When I open my computer, it takes about 5 minutes to open. After that, it runs normally for about 3 minutes. Then it starts to go downhill. The computer stalls and can't open any programs. I usually have to wait 5 minutes before I can even click anything in the program or even scroll down. I checked the task manager and it says that I am using 99% of my Disk, even though everything is only using 0.0% of it. I can't put the system specs because the computer is too slow and is not able to open things through search or the windows key. After 10 minutes, the screen just goes purple, and the desktop doesn't show. Finally, It just turns black.

Computer (off of my head):

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7

32-bit

Dell inspiron 15.6 inch screen

Hi,

Please advise does the problem persist in Safe mode as well? If not, please run sfc /scannow with (elevated administrator rights in CMD) and also have a virus/trojan scan.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users