Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2016 requests an email while trying to copy-paste from one doc to another

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johndoh

johndoh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

So, I'm at my work computer and whenever I try to copy-paste from one Word document to another it requests me some sort of an email address. Screenshot of the prompt: https://i.imgur.com/I2osO1l.jpg  

And when I close this prompt, it requests me an email address again:

It's quite annoying and it's strange, that all I want to do, is a basic task - just copy-paste from one Word document to another and it keeps asking me to log in to somewhere. Can't I block it somehow?

Cheers and thanks for helping!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 baines77

baines77

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Everything is tied to the MS Live account these days.  I've seen this issue, specifically with say OneDrive, Sharepoint, but also some wonky things happen in Word, Excel, etc. when you're not signed in.  Make sure you're signed into your Office Account (same one that is tied to your license). In any Office program, hit 'File' and go down to Office Account.  If it shows you signed in, sign out, then sign back in.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users