Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking in Autoruns and seen BVTConsumer in WMI?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HairyApricot

HairyApricot

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

So I remember seeing this from a while back, but always assumed it was something normal. In Autoruns, its under WMI. Its entry is BVTConsumer, and its image path is KernCap.vbs. However it says the file is not found, and looking about, I was not able to find it later. Now I remember this from when I first used this tool, and shortly after I made a request on the malware help forum for a differen reason. After using everything from FRST and Mini Toolbox to several different scanners, nothing ever came up, and they said I was all good. However google didn't really turn up anything on this entry, so I would like some help in finding out what it does. Thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:52 AM

Have a read here (with a coffee at your side)

https://pcsxcetrasupport3.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/event-10-mystery-solved/

#3 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

W-wait hold on...... So its a program in windows, that is part of windows, and runs when a built in filter in event viewer detects a program running at 99%? But the file that's meant to do something isn't on the computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users