Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security programs and occasional comcast issues (not responding)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SacSurge

SacSurge

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Finally upgraded from XP to new WIN 10 machine. Pretty awesome for sure so feel silly waiting so long. Anyway I would like to install the best Antivirus and security programs. You guys here have always steered me in the right direction so hopefully you will help again even no emergencies. I do quite often get Comcast not responding when I'm using their email server and occasionally on their xfinity homepage if that raises any flags. I read about Scanguard this morning is that something I should try out?

System notes

Dell XPS 8900

Windows 10 home

version 1607

OS build 14393.447

i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz  3.41 GHz

16GB RAM (32 possible)

64 bit OS  x64 based processor

Thanks,

Larry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 997 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

With reference to Scanguard perhaps have a read here.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628976/suspect-scangaurd-security-suite/

Until you feel fully at ease with Win 10 I would go with the built-in Windows Defender (which does so much more now) and add Malwarebytes.

Oh and don't forget to look into an image backup, it's not as scary as it sounds. Macrium Reflect free is a good one.

#3 SacSurge

SacSurge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users