Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webpages not loading properly / slowly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Portoman

Portoman

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:29 AM

Hi

Over the past couple of months, webpages have been loading slower than previously, coming up without graphics or photos, or just hanging. Doesnt matter if I use Firefox or whatever. The internet connection says "good" as regards signal, but even playing something like BBC radio results in a poor or non-existent stream - it says it;s playing but there is nothing there. It's really annoying. Any ideas what is causing this ?

I was planning on uploading some screenshots to show but I'm unsure how to !

Thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

Hi:

It's hard to know for sure, but it definitely sounds like a networking issue for "months" (?).

It sounds as if perhaps it might be this:

Perfectly normal when the available bandwidth on your internet connection is nor sufficient to display graphical content - It's just reverted to the Non graphical display. It will fix itself If and When the connection is at an acceptable standard

A bit more information would help us to better assist you, as we are not in front of your computer:

1. Can you perhaps please provide an example of a URL where you see this, or perhaps upload a screen cap to imgur or to a similar, reputable image-hosting service?
  2. How do you connect to the internet -- cable, DSL, dish, satellite, dial-up?
  3. Do you have a router?
  4. Do all computers in the house have the same problem, or just this one?
  5. If this is a LAPTOP, what happens when you take it to a different network (friend's house, school, work, neighbor, etc.)?
  6. Have you tried to test your speed (e.g. speedtest.net)?
  7. Have you contacted your ISP?
  8. What AV/AM/firewall/security applications are on the system (heck, what version of Windows, too)?

Thanks,

MM

#3 Portoman

Portoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

Hi

Some images are on  http://imgur.com/AbWFLFT

I have Win 7 on a desktop

Speed test gives me : Ping 32; Download 4.39 mbps  Upload 0.49 mbps - is that really slow ?

I am with Sky and a year or so ago an Open Source guy came and had a look and installed a new phone box which increased the speed. However, recently it has dropped.

Would the wireless adaptor on my pc make any difference to it ?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

I urge you to read and follow the instructions provided below.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#5 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

What is the plugin icon shown in the screenshot? The icon in the top right corner? Looks like some kind of Youtube video downloader? I wonder if that might be conflicting with the proprietary flash plugin they are using to stream. Does the problem also happen with IE or Firefox? I notice you have both open in the screenshot.

Also, I notice you have Utorrent. Check that it isn't running in your task tray. That is in the bottom right, next to the clock, and you can click the triangle to see all the programs in the task tray. If you see Utorrent, right click on it and look for a exit or quit option then retest your speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users