Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

new crypt0l0cker decrypt tool?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buggyx

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

i have ID the variant, as above, but it has 6 digits extension of random letters.

e.g. .ocazac

each file different extenstion but 6 digits

any decrypt tool for this? Ive tried trend tools, kaspersky, they could not recognise it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,745 posts
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

More information is needed to determine specifically what infection you are dealing with since there are several different ransomware infections which utilize a random 4, 5, 6, 7 character extension appended to the end of all affected filenames...i.e. CTB-Locker, Crypt0L0cker, Maktub Locker, Alma Locker, Princess Locker, Xorist.

The best way to identify the different ransomwares that use "random character extensions" is the ransom note or at least information related to the email address used by the cyber-criminals. Did you find any ransom notes? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file. Most ransomware will also drop a ransom note in every directory/affected folder where data has been encrypted.

Based on infection rates we see, you are most likely dealing with CTB-Locker or the new Crypt0L0cker variant.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Dreamax

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:56 AM

sorry for my eng in advance.

i deal with tesla prety good.. tesladecoder was kinda easy to use. thnx all the ppl to work on this.

but decorder didnt fix alote of items. some picks and videos ,,

the extension of items is .WJSVSPC , then i put this file on https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php its say i have

Ransom: Win32/Zekwacrypt.A

what should i do ? any tools or somthing

thnx alote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users