Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to install ilok and keep getting several errors inc. 1006 1722

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mofojackson

Mofojackson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

Hi all. Brand new here but looks like a group of intelligent people who know there stuff 050.png

So figured I'd join and see if I can find some help as I've been pulling my hair out the last 3 days banghead.gif

I'm running Windows 10 (1602) on brand new computer, and everything was installing fine until I went to install ilok license manager. (or something like that)

First of all I contacted ilok and they said due to the error code showing up as 1722, it's a problem on Windows end.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but due to other things I've tried searching online for, I do not see Windows Installer in my 'Services' utility where I'm able to start or stop services.

But basically I go to install ilok, and it starts the process, and always comes back with the following sequence of errors. Note there are several error codes that arrive shown in the order they appear from first to last as shown in screen shots.

(Also on iloks website they said to try installing the basic and raw 'driver version' that comes with the download. But I've tried that and for the most part it's the same exact error codes)

Attached Files

• Attached File  02.jpg   55.95KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  03.jpg   59.08KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  04.jpg   56.96KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:25 PM

The application needs the C++ redistributables.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Try installing the latest one then try again, if the same error install the one before... and so on. Or just install them all straight of the bat if you like :)

#3 Mofojackson

Mofojackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

Hey my friend this seems like a great answer and thanks much for this. Hopefully this might help and I will try it.

Edited by Mofojackson, 30 November 2016 - 11:12 PM.

#4 Mofojackson

Mofojackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

Also Ts, I'm going to assume start with the 2015 link, and only do the 64 since that's what I'm running, and leave out the 32(86) but if you think I need that too, as I know there are folders for (86) let me know :D

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

Yeah mate, just the x64 packages. Just the redistributables also. If I remember rightly you'll need to name them individually as you download them as MS fails to do so and they will end up over-writing eachother.

I spoke to my analyst briefly about this after I responded to you, he said you'd probably need all of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users