Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downloaded win10 and have error oxc0000001

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peterfaux

peterfaux

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

When i turn the laptop on it stays on the samsung logo , I've tried f11 but can't get into safe mode comd promt shows x:\windows\system32>  

Ok through regedit I can that windows is trying to start from Boot x:\ but there is nothing in there.

C:\ is still there and both win and win.old are there so how do I change the startup from x:\ to c:\ 

Edited by peterfaux, 30 November 2016 - 09:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

How did you try to install Windows 10?

What operating system did you upgrade from?

#3 peterfaux

peterfaux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

I was running win 8 and direct down loaded

the free version of win10

This x: contains only 512kb , I have tried to load windows 10 media creation tool and was told that it not compatible with the os so I tried mct win8 and got the same result

Edited by peterfaux, 01 December 2016 - 04:39 PM.

#4 peterfaux

peterfaux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

Fixed I went into the bios and disabled the boot cmd restarted and boot error came up and auto repair came up asking if I wished to run boot error correction , yes restarted and was given another error press f4 to restore yes.

Lost my files but it's up and running. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users