Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your generic repeating BSOD problem (please help the computer is eating itself)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 spadesart

spadesart

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:24 PM

my computer's been bluescreening every 3 days since the 16th and today it bluescreened twice (multiple times if you count me messing with the driver verifier) and almost all of them have blinked out so fast you couldn't even call it a bluescreen. The one just a few minutes ago didn't even have an error reason!!!!! The one earlier today was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and took longer to close and reboot (also made an annoying af buzzing noise because i was playing music through my speakers) :/ it's brand new and i have school assignments and a comic to do so taking it to geeksquad has to be on the back burner because i have no clue how long it'd take /: 

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga with an Intel Core i7 processor, not sure about the rest of the specs. Running windows 10

From what I know it's a driver issue but device manager has nothing flagged and windows update is coming up with nothing. When I used the driver verifier the article I was reading failed to explain it was SUPPOSED to cause a bluescreen so I panicked and didn't get the error reason for that one. 

Tried a system restore, didn't work. Reliability monitor classifies it as an unexpected shutdown instead of a crash.

And I do know there's a crash dump but I'm not sure how to get to it so if i could get some help there too it'd be great

also sorry if i'm not using the Correct Vocabulary i am not the best at tech stuff and i'm new to windows 10 (came from vista)

EDIT: Added perfmon and sysnativ zips!! sorry for not including those!

Attached Files

Edited by spadesart, 30 November 2016 - 07:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

my computer's been bluescreening every 3 days since the 16th and today it bluescreened twice (multiple times if you count me messing with the driver verifier) and almost all of them have blinked out so fast you couldn't even call it a bluescreen. The one just a few minutes ago didn't even have an error reason!!!!! The one earlier today was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and took longer to close and reboot (also made an annoying af buzzing noise because i was playing music through my speakers) :/ it's brand new and i have school assignments and a comic to do so taking it to geeksquad has to be on the back burner because i have no clue how long it'd take /: 

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga with an Intel Core i7 processor, not sure about the rest of the specs. Running windows 10

From what I know it's a driver issue but device manager has nothing flagged and windows update is coming up with nothing. When I used the driver verifier the article I was reading failed to explain it was SUPPOSED to cause a bluescreen so I panicked and didn't get the error reason for that one. 

Tried a system restore, didn't work. Reliability monitor classifies it as an unexpected shutdown instead of a crash.

And I do know there's a crash dump but I'm not sure how to get to it so if i could get some help there too it'd be great

also sorry if i'm not using the Correct Vocabulary i am not the best at tech stuff and i'm new to windows 10 (came from vista)

Hi,

Please upload the minidump here so that we can analyze what is going on with your PC. Your minidumps can be found at C:\Windows\Minidump

At the same time. Please download and run Minitoolbox. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Please check for the following :
- List last 10 Event Viewer errors
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices (All)

Thanks.

#3 spadesart

spadesart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:42 PM

Hi,

Please upload the minidump here so that we can analyze what is going on with your PC. Your minidumps can be found at C:\Windows\Minidump

At the same time. Please download and run Minitoolbox. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

- List Devices (All)

Thanks.

My minidump folder is completely empty!! Even with show hidden items on!

Also do you want me to paste the whole MTB report?

Edited by spadesart, 30 November 2016 - 07:44 PM.

#4 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

Hi,

- List Devices (All)

Thanks.

My minidump folder is completely empty!! Even with show hidden items on!

Also do you want me to paste the whole MTP report?

Hi,

You may upload the MTP report it as Notepad.

and also, please refer to this : http://mywindowshub.com/how-to-configure-windows-10-to-create-dump-files-on-bsod/ to enable minidump to be saved.

Thanks.

#5 spadesart

spadesart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

Here's the MTB, any way to get the dump from the previous BSOD's or should I wait for another one to happen.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   44.57KB   2 downloads

#6 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:06 PM

Here's the MTB, any way to get the dump from the previous BSOD's or should I wait for another one to happen.

Hi,

There is no way to get back the previous BSOD. You can only wait for another one to happen. 

Thanks.

#7 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

When you have a chance and it does not BSOD on you, open command prompt as admin and type in "sfc /scannow"

SFC is system file checker, it will check for damaged, broken, and corrupted system files and attempt to repair them. 

you can also try this in admin command prompt: 

"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

without quotes obviously. 

Let us know if that fixes anything.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#8 spadesart

spadesart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

When you have a chance and it does not BSOD on you, open command prompt as admin and type in "sfc /scannow"

SFC is system file checker, it will check for damaged, broken, and corrupted system files and attempt to repair them. 

Ok I tried the file checker and it said resource protection couldn't find any integrity violations. Yet it still bluescreened twice today....... :/ 

Is the scan not finished or ?

#9 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Ok I tried the file checker and it said resource protection couldn't find any integrity violations. Yet it still bluescreened twice today....... :/ 

Hi,

For more info for your problem : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is usually caused by Hardware incompatibility or Faulty device driver or system service.

Please advise if you had installed any new software which requires a new driver? 

When did you upgraded to Windows 10?

P.S : While we wait for your BSOD dump as well.

Thanks.

#10 spadesart

spadesart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

For more info for your problem : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is usually caused by Hardware incompatibility or Faulty device driver or system service.

Please advise if you had installed any new software which requires a new driver? 

When did you upgraded to Windows 10?

P.S : While we wait for your BSOD dump as well.

Thanks.

I haven't downloaded anything besides Open Broadcaster and the Kodak Printer drivers. My computer came with Windows 10 and I bought it a month or two ago.

#11 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

There is no need to Quote every post, just makes the thread longer. :P You can however quote a specific part :P

if SFC said there were no violations then yes, the scan is done.

Did you try the DISM thing?

/Just a thought but that OpenBroadcaster thing may try to use a driver you don't have, have you updated your video drivers since you acquired the machine?/

also, under Device Manager (right click your windows logo/start button>Device Manager) do you see any Yellow YIELD signs with an exclamation mark in it? if so post the hardware ID ( right click it and go to 'properties">Details.hardware ID's)

and if not, then we may have to wait till it BSOD's again, but take a picture of it trying to get the error code in there, that will tell us exactly what is wrong with the computer.

hQBT2G3.png

#12 spadesart

spadesart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

whoops sorry i just joined today so im real new here.

device manager had nothing flagged, i didnt try the dism just in case it bsod'd in the middle of it. i transferred my important stuff to a flash drive and im just gonna take it in to geeksquad tomorrow morning. thanks for the help everyone though!!!

#13 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

geeksquad, lmao. okay suit yourself and hopefully your issue gets solved. :)

hQBT2G3.png

#14 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:39 PM

whoops sorry i just joined today so im real new here.

device manager had nothing flagged, i didnt try the dism just in case it bsod'd in the middle of it. i transferred my important stuff to a flash drive and im just gonna take it in to geeksquad tomorrow morning. thanks for the help everyone though!!!

You are most welcome.

Feel free to revert if there's any other PC problem surfaces after the fix.

Thanks.

#15 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:39 AM

There were BSOD's on 17 and 30 Nov that were STOP 0x1E's (more info on that error here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000001E )

The error occurs in your Intel graphics driver (igdkmd64.sys)

The BSOD on 27 November and the 2 on 30 Nov weren't able to create a good memory dump

More info on memory dump creation here:  http://www.carrona.org/dumpgen.html

As you can see, memory dump creation is a very complicated issue.  As such, I don't attempt to diagnose problems with it.  I do find that (in general) fixing the BSOD's will fix the memory dump creation problems tho'.

In general, I have these 4 suggestions:
1.  Get ALL available Windows Updates.  It may take several trips to get them all
2.  Get ALL available, compatible updates for your system from the manufacturer's website (to include BIOS/UEFI).
3.  Get ALL available, compatible updates for the programs and any additional hardware installed on your computer from the developer's website
4.  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

As the 2 memory dumps blame your video, I'd suggest being sure to update/replace your Intel video drivers with the latest, W10 compatible version from the Lenovo website
Then, if the BSOD's continue, I'd suggest running these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
I'd start with the video tests, but be sure to complete ALL of them and let us know the results.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users