Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webmin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

While working with a friend on my recent little test jobs. He came across and suggested Webmin. The program is small, installs quickly, and is controlled through your browser with a ton of goodies to really turn a linux machine into a powerful server.

Here's the website itself: http://www.webmin.com/

I hope this helps those are are like myself that enjoy gui interfaces.

Edited by wishmakingfairy, 01 December 2016 - 01:28 PM.

Using ubuntu and sharing how to as well as collecting how to scripts for common programs. Feel free to ask or share ^-^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

That is pretty cool. Though I like to use the terminal, so not much use for me. Definitely helpful for users who either don't like, don't know how to use the terminal, or just generally new to Linux. Thanks for posting!

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users