Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleepingcomputer is now using SSL for the site

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:42 PM

I deployed SSL onto BC today and though we had some rough patches and some bumps in the road, everything seems to be sorted out now.

Now when you visit BC, your connection will be encrypted and you will see the little lock in the address bar.

As this is a big change for the site, please let me know if you run into any "weirdness" so I can look into it.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Hi, Grinler!

Unfortunately, some links do not work properly, i.e. like the first one of these three;

From post #3 in this topic; https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/633560/unlimited-virus-removal-tool/

See the List of Free Scan & Disinfection Tools to supplement your anti-virus or get a second opinion in these topics:

It returns an only partially encrypted page, denoted with an exclamation mark on the padlock icon to the left of the address line.

When clicking on the exclamated padlock icon/show site info icon, it gives this information, and I quote;

www.bleepingcomputer.com

The connection is not secure

Parts of this page are not secure (not pictures, for example).

Clicking on the right arrow gives more information, and I quote;

The connection is not private, and information that you are sending this site can be seen by others.

This site contains information that has not been securely transmitted (pictures, for example).

Clicking on the link Read more gives even more information: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/mixed-content-blocking-firefox

Thank you for looking into this!

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

Thanks..fixed now. Please post here if you run into any other mixed content pages.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

Mr. Abrams,

I was browsing the MRL forum and noticed a similar thing that midimusicman79 was talking about. (There's an exclamation mark next to the lock symbol.) Seems to be related to this:

http://www.bleepstatic.com/skin_images/bc/icon13.gif

Thought it would be best to report it to the boss. :)

Thanks.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Can you tell me where exactly you saw this? The url to the topic? Thanks

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

It was the main forum itself :)

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

Thanks..fixed!

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

Great! :)

Saw the same thing happening with RKill, ComboFix and FRST download pages. :mellow:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

#9 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 539 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:28 AM

Hi again, Grinler!

On the Malware Removal Training Program Page, the Click here to apply for admission... link at the bottom returns another mixed content page.

Thanks again!

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Fixed and fixed. Thanks!

#11 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

Grinler, it all good!  I have never worked with SSL directly.  I'd like to learn from you [or others] -- in layman's terms - feature and benefit of SSL in BC or in any forum in general.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,946 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#13 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 539 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Hi again, Grinler!

Just to add; Vba32 AntiRootkit download page has mixed contents.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/vba32-antirootkit/

Thanks once again!

Regards,

midimusicman79

#14 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

Thanks..fixed!

#15 thyrex

thyrex

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

Hi

I use Opera 31. Now I don't see site logo on each pages. Also contents in the Week in ransomware load not correctly because 

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Microsoft MVP 2012-2016 Consumer Security

Microsoft Reconnect 2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users