Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the quickest method to backup all email clients on mac?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 treyseptbrant

treyseptbrant

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:01 AM

I am looking for a backup solution to backup all my email clients running on the mac. Time machine is an option but I need to search more and want more advanced and quick backup solution for the backup. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

The quickest and easiest way (to initiate at least) would just be backup program that does a full backup like Time Machine or some third party backup program. These will have the added benefit of also backing up the rest of the computer. This option, however, will not generally allow easy search of emails in many email clients (the exception is using Time Machine to backup Apple Mail...there are ways to search backed messages in Time Machine...supposedly).

If you want to JUST backup email messages, then still a typical third party program that just backs up specific locations likely would be the quickest option. You still, however, would likely have search issues depending on which email client you are using and how it stores email messages.

I believe there are at least specific programs that will backup Apple Mail, but I am not familiar with any of them. Not sure if there are similar options for other email clients.

What email clients are you using?

#3 treyseptbrant

treyseptbrant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

I have tried backing up emails, with the backup process. It is good, no doubt about it. However, I was looking for a backup solution that could backup the emails automatically at regular intervals. I dug deep and found Mail Backup X (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Mail-Backup-X.shtml) on Softpedia. I am going through its trial version and it seems to have multiple features like the automatic backup at regular intervals, backup of all the email clients on mac. I am still testing it in the trial phase. Please have a look and share your reviews about it. An expert opinion is always helpful. Thanks

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

I have no need for it myself. My system of just backing up my Mac works fine for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users