Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a classic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hifijohn

hifijohn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:06 AM

scored another classic a noname computer running windows 3.0, what is strange is that it has a AMD k5 processor which didnt come out until 1996, so why isnt the computer running win95??? BTW it has a whopping 120M of harddrive!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:35 AM

Maybe the previous owner downgraded it, because they didn't like 95?

#3 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

I tried that too.  I had I think it was an AMD processor and something else and wanted to see how fast windows 3.11 would run with (modern day hardware)  It ran pretty fast.  The same concept goes for can people get current hardware to run windows 98.  Why?  The whole point is a turbo charger one.  Turbo charging old concepts in hardware with modern day equipment is a good hobby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users