Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update and Store Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Tried updating using windows update and i was getting an error (0x8007042c) that, according to the website, is a firewall error code. The problem is I have done all of the fixes for it and nothing worked. I have also made sure that my firewall is on, it is. I have checked for malware, and there is none. It will still not run.

As for windows store, I have tried opening it and it closes after the loading page. I have set my time automatically, manually reconfigured it relative to time.(whateverthesiteis).gov, etc. I have tried the powershell fixes and a command in cmd given to me through a solution page. I have no idea.

Any help?

ooh, i have a signature

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:26 PM

It is totally corrupted Windows 10 symptom where is only one option - a new clean install.

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

In services are these below all enabled and running?

Windows Event Log  

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)  

Windows Update

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

It is totally corrupted Windows 10 symptom where is only one option - a new clean install.

It is incorrect to assume Windows 10 is corrupted when no diagnostics have been run.

@TOMIS13LACK - Please do the following as the first line troubleshooting step.

SFC.EXE /SCANNOW

• Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

• At the top of the search box, right click on the cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

• In the black window that opens, type "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

• Let the program run and post back what it says when it's done. Let us know if this has helped.

(Thanks to usasma for info on running this tool from his handy website)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users