Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation files...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LittleBlueGoblin

LittleBlueGoblin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

Short version: I need a copy of the Windows Vista installation files, suitable for creating an install ISO. I have a valid product key, I just lack the files. Help?

Long version: I recent acquired a little Fujitsu Lifebook, but it's in Russian, and there don't seem to be any other languages installed, so I want to just reinstall the OS, but I don't have an install drive or set of disks for Vista. I tried Windows 7, but it seems it can't quite handle it (or at least, not the 64-bit version I have files for), so I'm stuck trying to track down Vista. The product key on the back is still legible, so I'd hate to have buy a new copy of Vista for it (forgetting the fact that I'm not sure who I'd be able to buy one *from*, in any case...), but I seem to be out of options. If anyone knows of a place I can get a legit, uncracked copy of the Windows Vista installation files, I would be very grateful. Bonus points if it's already an ISO. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

You may want to read this link

https://www.lifewire.com/where-can-i-download-windows-vista-2626314

Edit: Vista will no longer be supported with Security Updates after April of next year. Have you considered putting a linux distro on the computer?

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 November 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#3 Abzyx

Abzyx

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:32 PM

This link might be more helpful: http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296167-vista-iso-download.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users