Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

powerclearrequest not located

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 splooosh

splooosh

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

on my windows vista, I went to try a program I always use and now get the message, 

the procedure entry point POWERCLEARREQUEST could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library Kernel32.dll

..any suggestions, thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

Try uninstalling the program and re-installing it. What is the program ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 splooosh

splooosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

hi, I deleted and reinstalled without success, also around this time(don't know if it is related)pop up dating adds appear on some websites and it's difficult to scroll away for them, they follow your mouse down the page filling up the page, perhaps its malware

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

Now that you have raised the subject of malware, and it sounds like it could well be, your best course of action is to leave this topic and go and start one in the section 'Am I infected?'.

When you do start this topic please give - at a minimum - the make and  model of your computer and your OS, and read the notes pinned at the head of the section.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users