Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4 Monitor Set Up Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheProgramer

TheProgramer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

PROCESSOR: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor

GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon HD 7970 1100MHz Core 1500 Mhz Memory 3072 MBytes GDDR5

DISPLAY PORTS:

• DVI-D (x1)
  • HDMI (x1)
  • Mini DisplayPort (x2)

I need help setting up a four-monitors. I have:

• One Shimian monitor plugged in via a  DVI-D to DVI-D cable.
  • One Asus VS238H monitor plugged in via a HDMI to HDMI cable.
  • Two Asus VC239H monitors plugged in via a HDMI to Mini DisplayPort cable.

All four monitors are recognized by windows, however two remain disabled (screenshot labeled 'recognizedexample'). I can enable any combination of two monitors but cannot enable any more than two at a time. When I try I receive an error message (screenshot labeled 'errormsg').

How do I enable all four monitors so that I can extend the display to all of them? I have the latest AMD Radeon Control Center software which has a feature called Eyefinity if that helps. If you need to know how they are physically arranged in the world it is in a 2x2 grid pattern.

Attached Files

Edited by TheProgramer, 29 November 2016 - 05:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

I would suggest a total uninstall of the drivers and then a reinstall with the latest good version.

First, download the latest AMD drivers

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the AMD driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users