Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IPhone removed Sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CharlesSamuraiLord

CharlesSamuraiLord

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

Hello! I wanted to know a way to recover an IPhone voice note.

The last Friday i deleted a voice note accidentally and when i came home i put the IPhone on the laptop, in the next minutes i were a little scared 'cause ITunes recorded the synchronization without this voice note and, as you know, the "old" synchronization files were deleted. I used recuva and i found a lot of encrypted files. Are there any solution to have this voice note? 

I thank you a lot for the help you show day by day.

Fontly,

Charles.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

If you use iCloud to backup it may still be there. It depends on the last time you sync'd. Check with iCloud if you use it.

#3 CharlesSamuraiLord

CharlesSamuraiLord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

If you use iCloud to backup it may still be there. It depends on the last time you sync'd. Check with iCloud if you use it.

This isn't possible because i have blocked as much i can block the ICloud service.

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

Well, now that service can't help you. The iPhone will not sync anything you delete, for obvious reasons. iPhones are very much a "closed system", so retrieving files abnormally isn't really an option.

I have a feeling that voice note is lost forever.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hello! I wanted to know a way to recover an IPhone voice note.
The last Friday i deleted a voice note accidentally and when i came home i put the IPhone on the laptop, in the next minutes i were a little scared 'cause ITunes recorded the synchronization without this voice note and, as you know, the "old" synchronization files were deleted. I used recuva and i found a lot of encrypted files. Are there any solution to have this voice note? 
I thank you a lot for the help you show day by day.
Fontly,
Charles.

Just to make sure I understand, you deleted the voice memo on the iPhone and then when synced with iTunes on the laptop, the syncing process deleted the voice memo in the iTunes library. Is this correct?

If so, this does not jive with my test. Deleting a voice memo on the iPhone did not result in it being deleted from my iTunes library when a sync was done after the deletion. I will note that I was doing this on a Mac, so if you did on a Windows laptop, it is possible that iTunes on Windows behaves differently, but I would be a little surprised by that.

Regardless, did you try looking in the Trash (Mac) or Recycle Bin (Windows) to see of the voice memo file was there? Generally, in my experience, when you sync with the iTunes library that results in the deletion from the iTunes library on the computer, I can find those files in the Trash on my Mac. Granted, this is mostly updated apps in my case as I don't delete music from my phone and don't really use voice memos (other than this test, which did not result in voice memo recording being deleted from my iTunes library anyway).

Not sure if any of that helps or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users