Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What to buy to make open gl 4.0+ run on windows 7 x64 bit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dancingchickens

Dancingchickens

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

Following advice from this thread, i want to know what graphics card and gpu to get to make opengl go from 2.1 to 4.0+
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/633364/what-is-needed-to-run-open-gl-40/

i do have a PCIe x16 slot, it's red and has 1 small retagle hole, followed by 1 long retangle hole and some soft of flip-like tab at the bottom of it, same as the one shown in google search results. does the nvidia 750 work with that? and do i need to upgrade the gpu for the nvadia to work? if so, which gpu should i get?

Edited by hamluis, 29 November 2016 - 11:57 AM.
Merged posts - Louis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:21 PM

A "Nvidia 750" would work (I assume you mean their "GTX 750"), but you could actually go a lot cheaper. A "Nvidia GT 610" would also work, and can be found for around 40$ USD in the US. If you wanted to go with AMD. Their "R5 230" could be had for 40$ USD as well......in the US.  

What country are you buying in? 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#3 Dancingchickens

Dancingchickens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

america, just want to know one that woiuld work.

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:12 AM

america, just want to know one that woiuld work.

This right here would work. Is 50$ and comes with a low-profile bracket in case that's what your computer uses.

Suports DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.5, and OpenCL 1.1.

EDIT:

Here is the Amazon link for it. If you'd prefer using it instead. 

Here is the manufactures site link for buying it directly from them. 

Edited by SEANIA, 30 November 2016 - 01:18 AM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#5 Dancingchickens

Dancingchickens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

just talked to the nvadia maker, he said get this. https://www.computergeekshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4487&language=en&currency=USD

#6 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

That works too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users