Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Messenger

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:22 AM

hello everyone,

Is there a way for me to permanenlty remove windows live messenger on my start-up entry? Im asking because even i already removed it on my start-up entry, it keeps coming back ones i started using the messenger again, its annoying because the window automatically shows up after boot-up.

Any help will be very much appreciated...

thank you...

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:11 AM

Well im not quite sure how you actually remove it but I do know if you install MSN 7.5 itll kill it off...But do you want to just uninstall it or get the old msn back or do you want it to just not come up at startup?

-Nick

Edited by moomoo, 26 August 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#3 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

Hi moomoo and thanks for the reply... yes i just dont want it on start-up.

Edited by sempai, 26 August 2006 - 07:16 AM.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

#4 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

hmmm ok to do that is easy. Open your windows live messenger, go to personal settings, General, and uncheck Run Windows Live When I Log In. Oh and for the window popping up, underneath Run windows live when i log in, uncheck open windows live main windows when windows starts.

-Nick

Edited by moomoo, 26 August 2006 - 07:19 AM.

#5 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

great!!!!! thanks... i'll try it now and post back for any update.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#6 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:23 AM

No problem and please do ;)
-Nick

#7 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:36 AM

Hi nick,

Its no longer part of the start-up after doing what you have said and no more pop-up, thank you so much.... :thumbsup:

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#8 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:37 AM

No Problem any time ;)

-Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users