Hi, everyone! I'm hoping to get some advice about which is the best office computer in my budget range of 1,000. This will be a Christmas gift for my father and I want to make an informed decision. A little about my dad:
- Strictly a PC user, doesn't have the patience to learn Mac OS
- Consistently leaves a million damn tabs open when web browsing
- Saves hundreds of files for his business, ie. estimates, invoices, etc. (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strictly an office computer, no gaming or programming.
- This is important and I'm not sure if certain OS or specs make it easier - he has both an iPad and iPhone that he likes to sync automatically when he is not at his computer.
Overall, I'm just looking to get him something as "fast" as possible with a decent amount of storage, I think? I can spend somewhere in the realm of $1,000 but can go a few hundred over if it makes a big difference. I just want it to last him a few years and have no clue where to start.
Laptop or Desktop? Desktop
My budget for the new computer is: $1000
What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? E-mail, heavy web-browsing, Microsoft Office Suite
What software do you intend on using on the computer? Applicaiton software - Microsoft Word & Excel, Chrome, Adobe for docs, iTunes
Do you play games? If so, what type of games? None
Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? A few programs running at once, plus a million browsing tabs
Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? No music, but many files (PDF & .docx) and pictures
Will you be overclocking? No because there's a 99% chance I'd corrupt the hard drive
Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? I normally shop at Best Buy but I'm comfortable buying online if cheaper
How many monitors are you planning to use? 2
Do you need peripherals? OS? 2 monitors, everything else standard
Any particular reason why you are upgrading? I don't want to hear about his slow computer anymore
Thank you so much for any input you can give!!