Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Faster?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:13 AM

1.are there any other software that can boot my computer faster apart from bootvis and tunexp?
2. What sorts the order of programs that boot into windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fleamailman

fleamailman

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:40 AM

I never went into that sort of thing because, once I had tweeked the startups from msconfig, checkdisk, defrag, cleanup, etc., I knew that if my bootup was still slow the comp either needed more ram, or a lighter AV(Norton is concrete), or had to seriously think about unloading the comp of weight.
everyday is a gift

#3 rubiconeye

rubiconeye

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:57 AM

you could try 'advanced windowscare' (the free edition) (from 'iobit.com)

BUT! - please make backups, dont rely on these tweaking programmes to do it for you, and dont rely on just system restore.

i dont know what sorts the order of programmes that boot, maybe someone else can advise you on that. i only let my av and firewall start with windows so dont really have to bother about that!

good luck

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:21 AM

Something else you may want to look at:
The Definitive BIOS Optimization Guide
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

I found advanced windowscare pretty useful, but I did not like several setting it configured.

#6 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:34 AM

i enabled superfetch in my windows xp, i found my boot decreased another 2 secs!! pretty useful

any opinions?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:54 AM

It's not unusual for prefetch to do this. Each system is a bit different from every other system - so it takes a lot of work and a lot of "tweaking" to find the best way for your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:42 AM

can u tell me some tweaking websites?

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:54 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...00&hl=tweak
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

very useful

#11 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:02 AM

I tried startup faster 2004, its very nice, it saved another 3 secs of my boot time

#12 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:12 AM

anymore boot tips apart from the ordinary once?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users