Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to RIP CD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 woodcamp

woodcamp

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

Disc #2 of a 2 disc set. WMP won't RIP #2 although #1 RIPPED fine. I changed the name on #1, I didn't expect anything to change & it didn't. Any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty much technically illiterate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

Help me out here, are you attempting to convert CDA files residing on a 2-CD set into MP3 files residing on your hard-drive?  Reason for asking:  I've been doing that for years, of course, such songs never leave the house.  Exactly what error message if any are you getting?  FWIW, I've never used WMP, I have used Nero old, Nero new, Cyberlink's Power To Go, and have had to troubleshoot the conversion attempts from time to time.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

are you attempting to convert CDA files residing on a 2-CD set into MP3 files residing on your hard-drive? Yes, I've been ripping several music cds to WMP today. The disc 1 ripped fine. I get the message Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

If you have a 2nd computer available, what happens with the 2nd CD in another computer?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:45 AM

Disc #2 of a 2 disc set. WMP won't RIP #2 although #1 RIPPED fine. I changed the name on #1, I didn't expect anything to change & it didn't. Any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty much technically illiterate.

Try cleaning the disc, even just wiping with a clean, dust free cloth.

Also, does the disc appear to be scratched at all?

#6 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

BC I cleaned the disc and it appears there isn't any damage. 

Roland; I'm pressed for time right now, when I return home I'll try it on my lap top

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:28 AM

I just remembered, awhile back, while converting CDAs from audio CDs into MP3s [stored on the HD], I ran into a very similar situation -- the audio CD had some sort of copy-protection embedded; I was able to eventually work around it and get a couple of good rips from that audio CD.

Edited by RolandJS, 30 November 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#8 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

FWIW On the 1st disc, it ripped all 15 songs (files)but the last 3 doesn't have the name of the song even though I can play them on my MP3.

I tried to transfer WMP library to my Surface Pro with no luck. Keeps coming up empty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users