Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

networks available list

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cwmidwest

cwmidwest

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

How do I remove a listing on my networks available, that is not valid?  It shows open and I need to remove it.  The properties show mac address referring back to my laptop.   The name was once on a security camera and is security shows open. I am not using that name any more on the camera and I can't imagine how the camera or the laptop could be putting out a wifi signal.  The actual camera's are hidden behind a network password and a camera pw.   I can't reach it anywhere to remove it.  Thank you for any help.

Edited by cwmidwest, 28 November 2016 - 01:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

"How do I remove a listing on my networks available, that is not valid?"

Not valid as in you don't want to connect to it, or not valid as in the computer is telling you there is a wireless network there that is not?

"The name was once on a security camera and is security shows open."

Can you explain? What were you using as a web cam and how was it set up? Did you use Wifi Direct? Wifi Sense? 

Can you include a screenshot of a Wifi scanner (like this one) showing the network in question?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users