Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen and can't open File Explorer. PLEASE HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 gundalux

gundalux

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:57 AM

Hey guys, first time using forums and in desperate need to resolving an issue with my computer.

I recently just tried to torrent Photoshop CS6 by ChingLiu on the pirate bay and downloaded PeerBlock and nfolux (downloaded this to read the .nfo file within torrented folder)

After downloading nfolux, I've been receiving some problems. Whenever I try to go to the file explorer, the window loads for a while, turns my whole screen black and then closes the window. When I look back at the desktop, some of my recently moved programs have been replaced back to where they were. I removed nfolux from my computer and the problem is still present. I have also founded out that problem acts up more frequently when I try to open the torrented folder or move it in the trash. 

Any help is appreciated! I've already tried using shexview and no help :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

Hi

Have you tried using any antivirus to scan for your system?

At the same time, please open cmd with administrator rights and key in sfc /scannow to check for system file corruption.

Please revert after you have done.

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 29 November 2016 - 06:39 AM.

#3 gundalux

gundalux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

Hello JinXiang91! Really appreciate the reply and helping me out! I currently have Norton Internet Security installed on my computer and last night it did not detected anything too harmful other than some tracking cookies. However, this time it seems to have resolved some tracking cookies alongside a file called PUA.IdeakeeUninstall.

As for system corruption scan, I got this "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Side note: I must also add that I can not remove or delete the torrent folder. I'm not sure if that is of any importance though. 

Thank you again for the help!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:43 AM

Hey guys, first time using forums and in desperate need to resolving an issue with my computer.

I recently just tried to torrent Photoshop CS6 by ChingLiu on the pirate bay and downloaded PeerBlock and nfolux (downloaded this to read the .nfo file within torrented folder)

Sorry but we cannot assist you with problems/situations revolving around pirated software.

Excerpt from the BC Forum Rules:

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

If you have any questions about my actions, please convey such via PM and I will attempt to respond intelligently.