Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Adapter Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 famousjayrodd

famousjayrodd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

My wireless internet is saying that it is always connected and has internet, but after a few minutes of it working i randomly lose internet for a couple minutes and then it comes back. Throughout all of this, it always says that i am connected to the internet. Everything else is connecting fine, just not my laptop. It is an HP Envy M4 with a Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn wireless adapter. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled, uninstalled and restarted and let it install, then done that and updated through windows, and also let it install and then updated manually. Nothing seems to work. The computer connects just fine with a cable, so i know it has to be in the wireless adapter or settings somewhere. I am getting frustrated with this whole issue and haven't been able to figure it out for months. Any help would be appreciated!

-Edit: Sometimes it will end up saying no internet connection and i have to disconnect/reconnect for it to come back. Even when it does say i still have internet, a quick disconnect and reconnect works perfectly but needs done every 3-5 minutes.

-Edit#2: When it is starting to have issues and i check my internet speeds, they are 2.5 down and about .2 up. When it is working and im connected, my speeds are usually about 40mb-60mb down and 17-18 up.

-FamousJayrodd

Edited by famousjayrodd, 27 November 2016 - 11:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Richardf77

Richardf77

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

I too would appreciate some help with a similar wireless internet problem that I have with an ASUS X555L (10 preinstalled on purchase). It randomly disconnects from our wireless network and has to be manually reconnected. It will not automatically reconnect. Sometimes it even fails to find our router connection/network at all and tries to connect to someone else's!. We have other machines on out network that do not have any connection issues at the same time so I am sure it is this particular PC and not the router.

Any advice appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users