Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would video quality suffer if I ......?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

I have put many VHS videos on to a disc HDD but have acquired a SSD which is larger in capacity but very much smaller in size and needs no AC plug - very nice.

If I transfer all those videos from the disc HDD to the SDD will there be any loss of image quality and if so how much if that's possible to say.

Thanks for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

Since you are just going to be copying files from one drive to another there should not be any loss of quality at all.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for responding.

I asked this as the quality of the VHS tape images are not that good and didn't want them to get worse. I've now tried the 'Send to' and it seems OK but as I have 1TB of stuff the time needed, I now notice, may just not be worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users