Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple problems on android

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Herriot7

Herriot7

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

Please can someone help. On the chrome browser, in my outlook account, instead of saying https:// it says tps://

Taboola and  plus lifestyleadvise.com and m.zalando.co.uk and has also managed to themselves on my android phone

IT is a motorola G4

Also )I also noticed in the address bar in chrome on my phone, it has a green  padlock, then a green S://google.co.uk, it is only the padlock and the S that is green.not https. On my computer it still says https. I tried to look up information on this but could find nothing that I understand.

Please can someone help.

My phone and pc are synced and I think are both infected, and each time I try to de infect one, it infects the other cos of syncing. 

I cant afford a new laptop and phone. I run windows 10 and found out my hotmail account is compromised 4 times since 2013

There is also a box at the bottom of this post, which appeared when I edited it, with funny type in and symbols, which I deleted.

Both this box and the box below have "sav changes"

PS  I have temporarily disabled chrome on my phone.

Edited by Herriot7, 27 November 2016 - 06:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Hello there,

My phone and pc are synced and I think are both infected, and each time I try to de infect one, it infects the other cos of syncing.

For one, turning off sync would be a good idea until you can get them both cleaned. Two, please ask for help for the Windows PC, if you have not already, in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal logs forum here on the site if you know they're infected or the Am I Infected, what do I do? forum if you're not sure for the PC.

and found out my hotmail account is compromised 4 times since 2013

This is probably because you commonly choose weak passwords, or that you have a nasty infection on the PC.

As far as the TPS:// (TPS Protocol), it is from a protocol conversion (see this page). Please screenshot the S:// (S Protocol) if you can please. I'm interested in seeing it.

And what do you mean by this:

plus lifestyleadvise.com and m.zalando.co.uk and has also managed to themselves on my android phone

Let me know this info, and we can see what to do together! :)

#3 Herriot7

Herriot7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

Hello there,

For one, turning off sync would be a good idea until you can get them both cleaned. Two, please ask for help for the Windows PC, if you have not already, in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal logs forum here on the site if you know they're infected or the Am I Infected, what do I do? forum if you're not sure for the PC.

and found out my hotmail account is compromised 4 times since 2013

This is probably because you commonly choose weak passwords, or that you have a nasty infection on the PC.

As far as the TPS:// (TPS Protocol), it is from a protocol conversion (see this page). Please screenshot the S:// (S Protocol) if you can please. I'm interested in seeing it.

And what do you mean by this:

plus lifestyleadvise.com and m.zalando.co.uk and has also managed to themselves on my android phone

Let me know this info, and we can see what to do together! :)

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me, and sorry for the late reply.

Things have got a bit more complicated since writing this post.

searchlotto.co.uk, a search engine comes up without any http:// or https:// on my android phone.

yell.com  comes up as https://

The bank froze my internet banking because I told them I might have a virus so they wanted me to get clean scans from sophos, kaspersky, f-secure and microsoft security essentials.

The hacked email account was my primary email and came up on haveibeenpwned,com, but nothing nasty has happened to me in the last four years.

I had to download a trial version of f-secure to satisfy the bank to unfreeze my account, but the confirmation went to my hacked email account. 

I hit the confirmation button anyway, because it was late at night and there was not one to advise me whether to or not, and I am not sure that the email is hacked as I have done loads of bank transactions before last sunday when I found out that it was listed on haveibeenpwned.com

I am having diffficulty getting a screenshot because it is on my phone and I dont know how to transfer a screenshot on my phone onto my pc.

I raiseed one query on the virus and trojan part of the boards, but I since did a system restore, so the viruses may have come back again.

when I manually type google into my android it looks like this

There is a greenn padlock, then a green s, then black://google.co.uk, hope that explains things clearly enough.

I dont know how to turn sync off on android marshmallow.

When I sign into sync on my pc, it syncs on my android.

Also, there is a gmail icon on the top left of my android phone, when I press it, it says 'couldn't sign in' giving the email that was hacked. When I press it it says "set up email" but I don't want to make myself more vulnerable by doing so, so I have just left it.

I feel like I am just getting deeper and deeper into problems with both my pc and my android.

Edited by Herriot7, 01 December 2016 - 07:12 PM.

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

I recommend to continue receiving virus/malware removal help here on the forums. If you have not already, read this topic, and then post your logs here. Keep in mind to receive help, you should have run the scans, and posted the logs. From what I've seen, it "sounds" like it could be browser redirects on either device, or some other kind of malware. If you are sure you're infected, then they have to be the ones to continue helping you.

#5 Herriot7

Herriot7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

I recommend to continue receiving virus/malware removal help here on the forums. If you have not already, read this topic, and then post your logs here. Keep in mind to receive help, you should have run the scans, and posted the logs. From what I've seen, it "sounds" like it could be browser redirects on either device, or some other kind of malware. If you are sure you're infected, then they have to be the ones to continue helping you.

Hi, instructions followed as per your post, see this link https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/633686/wrong-ip-address-coming-up-please-help/?p=4131685 I'd already made my first post before reading your reply, sorry.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:30 PM

Now that your new topic is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the information or any log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your system is clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers but your topic will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

I advise checking your new topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users