Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop stuck.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gojyo

gojyo

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hello, I am a computer technician and a laptop I was working on is password locked. It doesn't allow me to enter the BIOS when I press F2.

I also took the CMOS battery out and reseated it since that supposed to reset the BIOS to default. But it still gives me the same problem.

The laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Y510 model.

Can anyone please tell me what can be done to solve this issue?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:56 AM

Does the Bios have a Password on it ?

Entering the Bios should not be an issue , very easy , but if it is Protected by a Password....then you need the password to continue and boot the laptop.

#3 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hello there,

Is it the BIOS password protected, or is it Windows password protected? Resetting CMOS does not work for Windows password reset, but for BIOS password, it should. Have you reset the jumper, or just disconnected the battery?

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:58 AM

Hello again, do you still need help on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users