Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Freezes Of System

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 angell

angell

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

Now i have installed the old mobo on a different systems unit with different hardware. Lo and behold, the system freezes unexpectedly and the screen turns black, keyboard and mouse also freeze up. I noticed the freezing occurred often while using media player but it freezes otherwise as well. Currently i have been using the computer for the past 9 hours without any freezing. I did use realplayer and windows media player but only for a little while.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

What errors, if any, are reported in the Event Viewer?

Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 angell

angell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:35 AM

This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.

The DCOM Server Process Launcher service hung on starting.

The Security Center service failed to start due to the following error:
The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
FltMgr

#4 angell

angell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

The following was an application error and the previous were system errors.

Windows couldn't log the RSoP (Resultant Set of Policies) session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy.

#5 rubiconeye

rubiconeye

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:20 AM

did any driver's disc come with your old motherboard, take the mb details and check the manufacturer site for any drivers, bios updates, etc

check your device manager for any faulty devices, maybe go down the list anyway and see if you can update drivers for your keyboard, mouse, sound card, etc.

good luck

#6 angell

angell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

last night when i tried to view a video clip with windows media player, it froze. It happenned several times with the same clip; interestingly, i could view the same clip with realplayer. Today i booted up with looging on as any user; a few minutes later, i noticed that the system had frozen.

Anyway, I will try to update the mobo drivers and chipset from the biostar website

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users