Mouse is randomly double clicking on single clicks... It's also randomly breaking held clicks and I think there might be an issue with registering clicks as well but that's harder to confirm that that's not just me aiming poorly and not realizing it. The double clicks and the held clicks not working right are almost certainly not me screwing up though. It's random, but frequent enough to be incredibly annoying.
Computer is running Win 8.1, I can pull up more info if it's needed. My main 'mice' are a Razer Deathadder and a Wacom Tablet - both are having this problem.
A list of the things I've done, just to save us all some time:
- Restarted the computer
- Tried multiple USBs
- Tested the Deathadder on another computer and used another mouse on this computer - I wasn't the person testing the Deathadder on the other comp but it apparently behaved fine, and I still had issues on my comp with the second mouse.
(I haven't tried the Wacom on another computer yet mostly because it's harder to test on, personally - it's having the same issues that both of the mice are having on this computer anyways)
- Uninstalled the mouse drivers and programs, restarted and reinstalled.
- Used Razer's recommended firmware update.
- Messed with the mouse settings, like double click speed
- What little info I could find on similar issues indicated it might be an issue with the Win 10 nagware updates - I've cleared the majority of these I could find off and I don't have gwx.exe. Same basic situation with telemetry. In both cases it's possible I might have missed some of the smaller related updates because there's a lot and if anyone has reliable lists for these things and thinks it could help I could do a once over but I feel like I've killed the better parts of these with no luck resolving the issue.
- Did a hardware trouble shooting scan - this keeps pulling up that 'changes might have not been detected' but I resolved the one other thing it pulled up (something about what usb I was using) with no luck
- Went into safe boot
I haven't done clean boot at this point because I'm debating how much it would help/how easy it would be to test on it... If someone thinks it's worth a shot and can give me some pointers on how to check what I need to fix if clean boot does help I'll do it but at this point I'm considering just doing a system refresh and hoping that solves this.