Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optimum audio converting software (for Amazon Music Cloud uploads)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheJungleCook

TheJungleCook

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:37 PM

Hi, I'm in the process of organizing, backing up, optimizing cloud access, and converting to cross-platform compatible filetypes of about 10 years' worth of photos (plus syncing for auto backup of future photos), 10 years' worth of non-multimedia documents, and a lifetime of music files.

This post concerns the latter of the aforementioned. A few years back, I uploaded all my favorite songs from a lifetime of CDs onto my windows platform. Over the next few years I switched back and forth once from windows media player to itunes and finally ended up to where I am now- switching to android (Nexus 6P currently, first switch back from iDevices- 2014) and purchasing a Nexus 6P without realizing there is no expandable memory.

... which is fine because I like the Amazon Music Cloud and Amazon Music service, in general.

However, 826 of my 4,000 songs are not of compatible file types for the Amazon Music Cloud (which are .mp3 and .m4a).

Questions

-What is a good program for mass conversion of audio files (obviously a queue function is desired)?

-Does .mp3 or .m4a offer a better cross-platform functionality, for optimization of possible platform changes in the future?

-Although my media players display track information just fine, some of the actual files were backed up from my iPod_control file when switching over to android and are saving as humanly incomprehensible letter sequences, is there a program to simplify changing the files to where they display more user-friendly filenames and more accurate track info?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

Well...I consider .mp3 as a dated standard and I haven't even investigated many of the other formats for music files.

I've never understood why anyone would be interested in turning over control of music files...to something like iTunes.  That type of behavior provides a hedge to someone who has no right at all to becoming a necessary part of your music life...when there are a zillion players that can handle .mp3 music files.

And...there are any number of utilities...that allow users to combine, tag, edit, etc. .mp3 files as the user may choose to do so.

I try to keep life simple...that doesn't seem to be what various vendors are interested in.  The goal for them seems to be to build up a website that becomes a necessary part of a user's life...with the utlimate goal of exploiting the info gathered (voluntarily) from such "customers".  I don't see the "service" being provided that they fool customers into believing that they are performing...but my vision is not the best :).

Louis

#3 TheJungleCook

TheJungleCook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:22 PM

Your vision is spot on.. I just like the Amazon Music Cloud because I have so much music that if I were to keep it on my phone, it would hinder its performance. With AMC, I can put my whole family's combined music library into the cloud, and we can either stream it or download the ones we really like for offline access on mobile devices. Plus I enjoy the Amazon music service in general and that's where I purchase all my tracks from for artists I want to support.

And believe me, hard copies of all files are kept on my PC, allowing me to keep full control of my music life :). Thanks for your reply.

#4 TheJungleCook

TheJungleCook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:13 AM

*SOLVED- WWW.FREAC.ORG turned out to be the best solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users