Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC slower after new GPU and Power Supply

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Q2053

Q2053

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:02 AM

I have a new 600 W power supply and an 8 GB RX 480 GPU installed in my PC. When it boots up, everything loads up a lot slower than normal. Games have an extremely low FPS drop and load up way slower than normal. I have an integrated graphics and processor installed in the motherboard still. The thumbnail shown is what happens when I open DXDiag: 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What is the make and model of the PSU?

Did you install the drivers for the new GPU?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Q2053

Q2053
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:59 PM

Here are my results from Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/McgklOeio3bxGOcNREKvTwk

This is a link to an image of the PSU I have http://imgur.com/Wustu4Z

#4 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

I see you're using an Acer OEM PC and you have replaced the PSU with that eVGA 600w 80+ bronze, which should be ok, but I would make sure you have attached the CPU-power lead and 24 pin motherboard power connector firmly. Then I would uninstall the AMD driver package when the screen comes up for you to choose what to uninstall make sure that only the GPU drivers will be uninstalled NOT the motherboard/SATA drivers, as your units probably has the unified AMD package to go along with your APU/CPU. Once that is done, reboot but get into your Acer bios and disable your APU (just the PEG on the GPU part) as there are some AMD AM series APU boards that do not initialize an add-in GPU correctly unless you toggle off the APU within the bios not sure if that's the case with your issue but I would try the basic things listed below before anything else.

Things to check_

1. That you have actually plugged your display cable into your new GPU instead of the back of your motherboard's integrated APU port.

2. That your power supply CPU 4-6 pin, and your motherboard ATX power connector are firmly seated

3. Make sure you download this very driver for Windows 10 this is the Crimson driver with the hotfix

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

3. That your new GPU is seated well enough in the PCIe slot, and finally after a driver install that you can see it listed in the device manager

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:35 AM

You still have not posted the model of this Lenovo, nor have you answered my question regarding the drivers for the new GPU.  Please do so.

The maximum temperature for you A10-6700 is 71.3C, yours is running at 84C.  You need to open your case and inspect the interior and the components inside for an accumulation of dust, especially for the fan and heat sink assembly on the CPU.  But... before you touch anything inside the case you need to touch the metal of the case to discharge any static electricity in your body.

Your C: drive which contains the Windows operating system only has 31.4GB (2%) free space.  You need to fee up some of the space.  With the partition so full it will slow down the performance of the hdd which could be part of the problem with the computer slowing down.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Q2053

Q2053
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:11 AM

The problems have been solved. 

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:38 AM

Care to share???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users