Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 7 Pro problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sandym10

Sandym10

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:43 PM

Window 7 will not update or run firewall. I have gone T Microsoft web site and it appears to be a problem with this program. I tried all their suggestions and none worked. I just tried Windows Repair it received a message the program is cracked and will not work. Does anyone have a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:50 PM

Gday Sandym10, and Welcome to BC.

When you say cracked, are you referring to the fact that the copy of Win7 you have is non genuine ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

Cracked Software

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_cracking

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 Sandym10

Sandym10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

thank you I will try. I have a genuine copy of windows 7. the message said it was the windows repair program I downloaded that is cracked.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:43 PM

TRY THIS   

Read the page before you start

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:50 AM

Windows does not normally generate any message about "cracked software."  It's not designed to do such.

Post the exact onscreen message received, please.

Louis

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

If the Windows Repair (All in One) came from a 3rd party "vendor", it is possible end-user accidentally downloaded a "cracked" Pro version.  Once WR(AiO) calls home for updating -- it might have been that program that returned the "cracked" message.  I remember elsewhere another nice person accidentally ran into the same wall.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#8 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

But what Louis is saying is that it isn't normal for Windows to give such a message, which could mean that version may have been infected. Having an onscreen message screenshot posted would help determine if there is a possibility of infection.

I remember seeing two different infections years ago... one caused programs to fail to execute that gave the message that it could not start. Another gave the message, "File in infected. Please disinfect your system now."

I saw long ago in the craze on Peer-to-Peer programs (never good... use at your own risk!)... many files would give the message, "Download is cracked," "file is infected," or the best one, "I'm taking over your computer."

TLDR (Too long, don't read): Many programs that are infected or unofficial will give off a specific message, but it is not part of Windows that is giving the message, but the program itself. Hope this helps!

OP (original poster): Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Hope you continue learning a lot. Please post a screenshot of the message you received, and please feel free to obtain the original version of Windows Repair All-In-One by Tweaking.com from @Condobloke's link up there (which is on the Bleeping Computer download area). Let us know how all of this goes. :)

#9 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

thank you I will try. I have a genuine copy of windows 7. the message said it was the windows repair program I downloaded that is cracked.

Can you provide the Link?

Also, if you still have the program installer do a Scan of it with a good Malware Scanner like MalwareBytes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/search/?keyword=malwarebytes

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#10 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

Very well.

@Sandym10 - Has any of this helped? What have you tried? Let us know what's working, as it has been a couple days since we've heard from you. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users