Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer turns on then off then on continuously.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BeefBaby

BeefBaby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

Recently I have purchased a computer. It has been working for more than 2-3 weeks. However all of the sudden one day when powering it on it would turn off again then boot into windows. However last night I installed some programs "LGUP" to repair my phone. After installing the programs my computer rebooted and worked normal until after 10-15 minutes it rebooted again. I ignored it once more, however it happened again, then I put it aside and came back later. I logged in started using it and it worked for 40ish minutes this time, then the computer screen froze and rebooted. This time the computer now turns on then off then on then off, no display output. I'll admit I did buy this off craigslist, and the only thing I added to the system were two drives: an ssd with my copy of windows, and 2tb hdd for random files / games. However one time it was going through the boot it said something about "bad overclocking setup" and said press f2/del to go into setup. I did that but couldn't find the settings the proper settings to set it back to auto.

Here are the specs:

Intel i7 4750k

Nitro r9 fury

asus z-97a

16gb of ddr3

and the PSU is over 1000w

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shaa

shaa

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:04 AM

REMOVE CMOS BATTERY and jumpers then re setting all surely work

#3 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Hi, welcome to Bleeping Computer. Hope you learn a lot here. :)

Yes, resetting BIOS is normally the way, and removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery should do this for you. If that does not help, try to reset BIOS settings to factory default, and see if this works, please.

By all means, let us know how it goes. We love when people post their solutions! :)

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

@BeefBaby, has this helped at all? Please update us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users