I am sorry to hear of the problems that you are having. It is possible that your computer is infected with malware, but what you are describing could also be caused by other issues. From what you have written, it sounds like your computer is rather unstable. If you can, please run the two scans that I am requesting below. If you can't run those scans, then I would recommend that you immediately open a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum. Please include a link to your topic here. After you have posted, please do not post again (bump) your topic because that Forum is very busy and if a Malware Removal Specialist sees a reply has been made to your topic, s/he will think that you are already being assisted. Also please be aware that it could take five days or longer to get an initial response, but once your topic is picked up, you will get much better response times. Please follow these instructions to post in that Forum
ESET Online Scanner using Internet Explorer:
Note 1: These instructions are for Internet Explorer only! If you're using Chrome or Firefox, you will need to download and install the ESET Smart Installer tool before it can scan. See instructions here.
Note 2: You will need to disable your currently installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be found here.
- Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and save it to your Desktop.
- Double click the icon.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Check the following items.
Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
Remove found threats
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Change next to Current scan targets:
- Place a check mark in any additional drive you wish to scan then click OK.
- Click Start.
- ESET will then download updates and begin scanning your computer.
- If no threats are found simply click Uninstall application on close and hit Finish.
- If threats are found click List of found threats.
- Click Export to text file.
- Save the file on your Desktop as ESET.txt.
- Click Back.
- Check Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files.
- Click Finish.
- Close the ESET Online Scanner window.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESET.txt into your reply.
Don't forget to re-enable your antivirus when finished!
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Malwarebytes Chameleon Including External Drive
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your Desktop.
- Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then Yes.
- Click OK for English, then click Next.
- Select I accept the agreement, then continue to click Next, then finally click Install.
- Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish.
- On the Dashboard, select Settings.
- Click on Detection and Protection.
- Ensure that Scan for rootkits is checked. If not, check it.
- If you are notified the Database is out of date, click Update Now.
- Attach any external drives you want to scan, if not already attached.
- Click the Scan button near the top.
- Select Custom Scan, then click Configure Scan.
- Place a check mark in any additonal drives you would like to scan.
- Click Scan now.
Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP), then type mbam.
Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan.
- When completed, click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt).
- Save the file to your desktop as MBAM.txt.
- Click Apply Actions, then restart your computer, if requested.
- Please copy and paste the contents of MBAM.txt into your next reply.
Good luck and have a great day.
Edited by garioch7, 25 November 2016 - 04:07 PM.