Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello everyone!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 curiouslemon

curiouslemon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:58 PM

I'm not really sure what to say, since I am here due to a problem that I can't post about here. lol 
Okay, but, I am also here because I have a long history of having problems with the same hacker (or, possibly group of hackers, I am not sure) which has led to me having a long history of using downloads from Bleeping Computer. 

I really love ComboFix. Unfortunately, I can't use it, right now, as there was no sticker on the computer I bought which said, "Don't buy this unless you are happy being stuck with lest than the best in getting rid of your viral issues."  And, that's why I love ComboFix. 

Err. .. not because I can't use it, but ,because, there have been so many times I knew I had a virus and I'd talk to Tech Support (at various places) who'd tell me that I needed to replace my motherboard or that all I need to do is to restore the computer to factory settings and all would be good. But, they were always absolutely wrong. In fact, whatever this person sends me, sometimes it is something that gets stronger when I restore the computer. 

But I have found that, so far, no matter what it is that gets sent my way, I have been able to take care of it with ComboFix, Darik's Boot 'n' Nuke (I think it's called) or both used in that order. 

Windows 8.1 simply bites in that having it on my computer makes that effective means of fixing things obsolete for me, for now.  But, that's enough about that. 

I am not tech savvy. I am like ... well, if you ever watched the Simpson episode where the doctor is trying to explain to Homer what's wrong with his heart, then, you can assume I am like Homer, as far as me being able to understand all the big words. But, all the same, I have spent a lot of years - decades even - never having enough money to hire anyone else to fix anything and dealing with creepazoids who must beat up or infect my equipment, So, I have also learned a lot on my own, through trial and error, regarding removing viruses, malware and such and taking apart parts of the computer that say "Don't take this apart" (or, something like that) to remove cat hair, when I lived with my sister or inherited a "about dead" computer from a pet lover, and how to clean most anything with sprayed on rubbing alcohol and paper towels instead of replacing the dusty little parts or trying to remove them without the proper tools. 

That's where I"m at. And, I did very well with it, until the  powers that be stopped giving out disks with the computers and started making operating platforms that are way harder to understand (anything past XP I am fairly well lost on).  

Now, I am learning all over again, (sigh)  So, please, be patient with me, if you have any reason to be trying to explain anything, dumb it down nicely, and, sorry, in advance! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

:welcome:  to BC!

A mod Should be posting shortly with the rules! and we we hope you enjoy your time here!

If you are unsure weather you are infected or not you can post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ with the symptoms and someone will get back to you!

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...BTW...ComboFix is not compatible with Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 so you cannot get it to run. As a general policy, Bleeping Computer does not offer advice on how to run ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it or if there is a problem with the computer caused by running the tool. This is because people should not be using ComboFix without being advised to do so by a trained expert (see here) who is assisting them deal with a malware problem. While our policy is not to offer advice on running ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it, we are willing to assist with resolving problems caused after using it and we are certainly willing to help with malware disinfection. If you need individual assistance with a malware infection, other advanced tools are available but they cannot be used in this forum. Please read the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide.

Best regards,
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users