Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe (netsvcs) process using 50% of my CPU... (⋋▂⋌)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:00 AM

According to google this problem is usually fixed by clearing your windows log files, or by scanning for virus/spyware. But both of these did not help me at all. I am able to terminate it in the task manager and my computer immediately speeds up, but after some random period or time it reappears again... I've tried permanently disabling it in services but then my computer starts to have a lot of issues and error messages.

Anyone have any idea? This damn thing is taking up 40-50% of my CPU :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

Open Services, locate Windows Update and stop the service. The CPU usage is now normal?

One way to open Services is:

- press Windows7_key_R2.pngand type services.msc
- locate Windows Update on the list of services, right click on it and click Stop

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 noz03

noz03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:21 AM

Omg it worked! Thanks so much!

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

It's the Windows Update "bug" to avoid that and make the Windows Update client work better install the updates listed on this page http://wu.krelay.de/en/ that are applicable to your system.

Edited by SleepyDude, 29 November 2016 - 06:29 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users