Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook game doesn't display right

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

I did post this on my other topic but I thought I should make a new one in the PC gaming section.

I did recently upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I' am having a problem with Jurassic Park Builder game on Facebook. The problem is that the screen flashes and items don't look right and certain areas are black. I will attach a pic of my game so you can see the problem. When I had Windows 7 Pro the original OS that came with my notebook this didn't happen. Both Edge and IE does have this problem on Windows 10. IE on Windows 7 works fine.

Every other games like WoW, The Sims 4, GW2, EverQuest II, etc runs fine just this game using IE or Edge. So it's really strange and I thought Windows 10 is having problem. Or it could be video driver issue but if that is it how can I get the latest driver for this HP notebook? I know that Intel or HP only has Window 7 drivers and won't make any Windows 10 so I don't know if installing those would work. I could use compatibility mode to install them if I have to. Windows 10 did install generic drivers from Microsoft for my notebook and they are not from Intel or HP.

I am just assuming it's the video driver but I don't know for sure. It could be something else.

Specs of my notebook PC

HP ProBook 6550b Notebook PC
Intel i5-460m 2.8gHz : 4GB DDR3 1066mHz : 320GB HDD 7200 RPM : Intel GMA HD or Intel HD Graphics 1.7GB VRAM
Wifi N type : Gigabit Ethernet LAN : PCI-Express card slot used for USB 3.0 : Windows 7 Pro 64bit

This is using IE

Jurassic%20Park%20Builder%20problem%20IE

This one is Edge

Jurassic%20Park%20Builder%20problem_zpsl

Edited by DallasPikachu, 24 November 2016 - 04:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

If no one knows I might have to rollback to Windows 7 again since I do like this game also but problem is that Windows 7 is only supported to 2020 but I heard you can still use it after that just have to make sure I have good antivirus or so. I hope someone can help me this.   Thank you

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Try installing Adobe Flash manually. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly in the upgrade.

#4 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

I did go to that link you gave me and tested my Flash and it works fine. Also Flash is enabled on my settings on Edge.  I clicked Test Flash Player on that link. Or was I suppose to do something else? That link didn't say about reinstalling Flash by the way.   Thank you

Edited by DallasPikachu, 24 November 2016 - 06:14 PM.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

Try uninstalling Flash, and then install it again from the link above.

#6 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

On my programs list to uninstall I can't find Adobe Flash player. Normaly I would find it if it was like Windows 7 but not on Windows 10. On the link you gave me says to go there but I can't find Flash player.

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

Sorry, my comparatively limited knowledge of Win 10 has caught me out again, it's not like any of the previous versions of Windows. It's relatively complicated to uninstall Flash on Win 10. (like so many previously simple things)

Are you sure you can't just download an installer from the first link I gave you and run it?

Edited by TsVk!, 24 November 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#8 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

This is what it says when I go to that site.   "Flash Player is integrated with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.
You do not need to install Flash Player."

Even on using IE it says the same thing. So both Edge and IE are integrated.

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

I've found myself wanting here. I know it is the Flash code that runs that screen, but I don't know how to refresh/repair that code now it is embedded/integrated.

I won't start ranting about Micro$oft at this stage, rather just step down and hope someone else knows what to do in this situation.

Edited by TsVk!, 24 November 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#10 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

Also is it really Flash player is the problem since if not I dont know what to do. All I know is that according to Adobe it says its working fine when I tested it.  But it's still recommended to keep Windows 10 right? I should never rollback to Windows 7 since its too old.

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

That screen section with the black blotches is Flash Player. Whether or not repairing the code will fix the issue, i don't know, previously it was easy to verify.

Windows 7 is still supported till 2020. It is by no means too old. Almost 50% of desktops are using Win 7.

Microsoft would like you to continue using 10 so they can harvest all of your data and force adverts and applications that you don't want on you. At this stage I am not aware of any tangible benefit to using 10 over 7, though the benefits of using 7 over 10 are numerous.

#12 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

So should I downgrade to Windows 7 or it's worth keeping Windows 10?  I only have 9 days left to go back. Thank you

#13 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

Personally I would downgrade. Others may differ in opinion.

I have spent many weeks trying to get a working image of Windows 10 that I consider suitable for my network here (I administrate >100 pc's), it is looking more and more that the shift will not be to Windows 10 but to Linux for my users in 2020. Sadly that's not an option for you as you play other installed games that won't work correctly on Linux, otherwise I would be advising that already.

Things to be aware of in Windows 10

Cons

• Everything you do can and will be recorded and sent to Microsoft. Nothing on Win 10 is confidential. Nothing.
  • Microsoft can, will and do install games and other applications on Windows 10 without asking.
  • Microsoft can, will and do remove installed applications on Windows 10 without asking.
  • You will have to eat advertising from Microsoft, all day, every day, on Windows 10
  • Many simple settings are hidden and require you to modify the registry on Windows 10. (like changing how long the computer takes to lock you out for example)
  • Updates are bundled and force fed on Windows 10. You will get all the updates (including the broken one's, MS is notorious for not testing their updates properly) whether you like them or not, when Microsoft says. Or you will stop using your computer. Literally... A box will come up and say "Install updates now", and that is your only choice. Every time it happens is a gamble whether or not your PC will work afterwards..
  • Non tech savvy users will struggle to do many things they used to do on previous iterations of Windows, as will advanced users.
  • Many built in apps are poor or don't work properly
  • The app store content sucks. (my opinion)
  • many many more... these are just the one's off the top of my head without beginning to rant.

Pros

• Some games look better
  • that's all I've got...

#14 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Cons

• Everything you do can and will be recorded and sent to Microsoft. Nothing on Win 10 is confidential. Nothing.

People always makes this claim without a shred of evidence. Prove it.

• Updates are bundled and force fed on Windows 10. You will get all the updates (including the broken one's, MS is notorious for not testing their updates properly) whether you like them or not, when Microsoft says. Or you will stop using your computer. Literally... A box will come up and say "Install updates now", and that is your only choice. Every time it happens is a gamble whether or not your PC will work afterwards.

Not entirely true. Professional, Enterprise, and Educational editions have the option of installing updates manually, or automatically, just as you described above. Home editions are forced to update all the time.

Everything else TsVk! said is more-or-less true. Like the installing apps, advertising, and sucky app store/software repository implementation.

With all that said, you are still better off with Windows 7, OP. Why? Because it is more stable, and more proven for gaming. It would be worth the effort to see if that FB game works in 7 versus 10. There isn't much you can do to troubleshoot a flash based game. In fact, here is it:

• Download CCleaner
  • Install CCleaner - WARNING: It tries to install a toolbar or change settings. Be mindful of that before it installs.
  • Run CCleaner
  • By default CCleaner should have all of your browsers temp files selected for cleaning - WARNING: if Cookies is selected it may eliminate your login with websites, forcing you login in again and possibly redo settings
  • Click 'Run Cleaner' when ready
  • Restart if prompted to
  • Run that game again

Good luck!

#15 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:07 PM

Cons

People always makes this claim without a shred of evidence. Prove it.

It's a well known fact the keylogger, tracking systems and networks are there to do this. It is even in the terms that users agree to that they can do this. Do you suggest that MS go to great lengths to implement, maintain and monitor this system but don't actually use it? I think the onus falls on anyone to prove they aren't using the monitoring system they have gone to great lengths to put in place.

How this system is used exactly is a question we may never know the answer to (let alone be able to prove without cracking MS's encryption). Total faith in Microsofts good intentions, if you feel so inclined.

• Updates are bundled and force fed on Windows 10. You will get all the updates (including the broken one's, MS is notorious for not testing their updates properly) whether you like them or not, when Microsoft says. Or you will stop using your computer. Literally... A box will come up and say "Install updates now", and that is your only choice. Every time it happens is a gamble whether or not your PC will work afterwards.

Not entirely true. Professional, Enterprise, and Educational editions have the option of installing updates manually, or automatically, just as you described above. Home editions are forced to update all the time.

I had this experience with a Pro edition in my testing. But yes you're right this doesn't happen with Ent and Edu editions. The release of these updates can also be controlled by WSUS update server. It really is an issue that all updates are bundled in one... That's the same with Win 7 now too. Well in fact there's 2 updates packages. The security fixes and other. But the fixes for the the bungled security fixes are released in the next months other patches. In effect they force everyone to take both, even on Ent and Edu networks. Deplorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users