Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

I'm looking to buy a new 939 pin motherboard and was just looking for some recommendations from current owners. Some boards I have in mind are DFI's LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D, Abit's KN8 Ultra, Gigabyte's GA-K8N Pro-SLI and ASRock's 939Dual-SATA2. I currently own an ASUS A8n-e and want to try something else. The board is going to be used for gaming, I would like some overclocking features but mainly looking for stability. I don't need SLI but it seems like the SLI boards have the best ratings for the most part and leaves me the option to upgrade in the future. Thanks in advance everyone! :thumbsup:
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:11 AM

If your looking for overclockability DFI is the way to go. Although the board you have is a good stable one. The ASRock is an interesting solution but is a budget board.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 90awdturbo

90awdturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:29 AM

Yea i'm leaning towards the DFI but I do like the upgrade paths of the ASrock. The only downfall is its a budget board that I hear isn't good at OCing and I'll probably want to upgrade by the time I buy AM2 anyways. Anybody else wanna put in there 2 cents? Thanks :-D
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users