Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Rid Of "tv Media Display"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MDG

MDG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

My Windows Defender ( beta2) continues to identify "TV Media Display" as a serious adware problem but can not take any action against it. Any attempts to remove/quarantine it results in the error message "error: OX80501001. I now get an error message involving " catsrv09.exe" problem when starting up the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions/information regarding the error messages and this adware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pc-details

pc-details

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:08 AM

It sounds like that executeable file was running during the scan (probably included at startup). Running processes cannot be deleted. I don't know what the defender program did, but it may have deleted the file upon exit fdrom windows. But the file may still being called for in startup the registry, and then of course, it is no longer there. First, do a search (including system & hidden files) for catsrv09.exe. If it is not found, that is a good thing. Look in MSconfig startup files and see if it is listed there..if so, uncheck it. Then go to regedit (make sure you bck it up first) and search for that filename. Delete that entry.
If you don't know how to edit the system registry, do not attempt it without more detailed instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users