Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player manager through Control Panel, but NO flashplayers installed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:28 AM

Laptop computer with Windows 10 has an item in Control Panel for Flash Player.  Opening this item, display of Flash Player Settings Manager occurs, and upon clicking the Update tab, the dialog screen is dim, and at the bottom,  two items are shown:  NPAPI Pluggin Version, and PPAPI Pluggin Version.  Next to each of these is the comment, "Not Installed".

This seems strange.  I wonder if it is or not normal.  IF no flash player is installed, then WHY is Flash Player (32-bit)  shown listed as an item in Control Panel?  Also, any reason why the listed form for ActiveX for Internet Explorer is not listed in this Flash Player Settings Manager update tab along with the neither installled other pluggins?  

Whatever the case, I do not yet miss having Flash Player on this computer.  I have played several YouTube videos, so YouTube has likely only given me the html-5 kind of videos, so no flash player needed there  (at least not yet, past 2 months).

(I DID enable Internet Explorer version 11 on this computer, and Edge is, as expected, present).

I would like to understand this better.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users