Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help on what to get, and how to install properly

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TinyDragon89

TinyDragon89

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

I have a Lenovo all in one PC C540 touch screen (though I had that disabled, I couldn't stand it haha)

I am a gamer. There are so many games I would like to  play, but my PC just isn't up to par for the most part.

Recently I have tried to play GTA 5. Planet Coaster. Roller Coaster Tycoon World. Need for Speed Rivals, and a few others.

They come up, but the frame rate is soooooo sloooowww that it's impossible to do anything (even with settings on low, shadows and stuff set to OFF etc..)

My question is for those who are more knowledgeable with this, what type of graphic card do I need to run them? And if anyone knows how, how do I install it in a all in one PC?

Or am I able to hook up a gaming tower, and if so does it have to be touch screen as well, even though I have it disabled?

On a side note, if you have any info. Please try to dumb it down if you can. I've been using computers for a long time, and while for the most part I'm good with them, there is still stuff I don't know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:06 AM

Your PC is not suitable for gaming and you cannot upgrade graphic card.

It also does not have HDMI input connector so it's hard to use it as external monitor.

#3 TinyDragon89

TinyDragon89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

Ok, what would you recommend for gaming?

I'm looking at all my options, seeing what I can do to make it work. So any and all advice is welcomed.

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

You may have a slight chance for running a few of those games, but your graphics card is integrated, which causes many problems for upgrading. Nonetheless, it's best to do the Can You Run It? test to check if your PC can run it. I've linked to the test page for GTA V. See how your PC rates and post the results, including your PC specifications as well please. To be honest, it's a worth a shot, mate, to at least test it first. You can also test for other games on the site to see if they will be compatible. (Note:It will ask you to download and run a safe tool; however, it is very easy to uninstall after you're done using it, and I recommend you do remove it while you are not using it, because they update it often so you would have to install a new one later for more tests.)

#5 TinyDragon89

TinyDragon89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

I've already tested them. I've tried playing them. GTA 5 comes up and for the most part works. But is painfully slow, same with the others. Which is why I'm searching for the best way to make it work.

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

Ok, what would you recommend for gaming?

I'm looking at all my options, seeing what I can do to make it work. So any and all advice is welcomed.

You need new computer. There's not much else you can do. How much money you can spend?

#7 TinyDragon89

TinyDragon89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Right now I'm putting cash back to save for what I need. Rather its hardware or a new computer. If you got any recommendations on computers please let me know.

Thank you.

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

I agree with DrillingMachine - there is very little you can do to an all-in-one and your best bet is to think in terms of a new computer. Almost certainly the way to get the most bang for your buck is to build one yourself - then you control what goes into it and this is determined by your budget and priorities, and putting one together from scratch is not difficult so long as you read the mobo manual as you go along.

I suggest you take a look at the two sections just a little lower on BC - 'System building and upgrading' and 'Questions and advice for buying a new computer'. If you browse through these two sections you are sure to get a lot of hints and tips, you may even decide to start a topic there once your funds allow you to take this step.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 TinyDragon89

TinyDragon89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

Ill probably just get someone help build one if i need to go that route. I know I'm not able to do it myself. Im not that tech savvy to try and attempt it.

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:39 PM

Ill probably just get someone help build one if i need to go that route. I know I'm not able to do it myself. Im not that tech savvy to try and attempt it.

One, keep the all-in-one for school or business use; two -- I recommend you find a person nearby who is doing already or has done already what you're wanting to do -- build a desktop -- let that local person be alongside you and walk you through researching and purchasing the necessary gaming hardware, researching and purchasing the necessary software, and the putting it all together, ie, building the desktop. And, consider buying a couple of platter-driven pancake usb ext HDs for making OS and data partition full images.  Macrium Reflect or any other similar freebie is all you need.

Edited by RolandJS, 24 November 2016 - 08:40 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#11 TinyDragon89

TinyDragon89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

I would just sell the one i have now. I don't use it for anything else really.

Thank you. I will be looking into those. Ive already begun watching videos and whatnot on building etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users