Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cyberpower PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LawMike27

LawMike27

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm not good with computers, but a friend help me to put together a computer on Cyberpower PC.

1) Are they any drawbacks of using this website to "build/buy" a new PC?

2) Would this website consider that a build or buy? To me, it's a buy

3) Here is the link. Would you please review the PC and tell me what you think. I am going to use it primarily to play video games.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Eight_Core_Configurator

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:37 AM

1. Higher prices perhaps, not so wide range of choices compared to option where you build your own system
2. I don't understand.
3. In case you made some changes for default configuration, use Save option.

Here's my suggestion:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JBX2X

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

I feel they are overpriced compared to maing your vown rig, if you know someone with computer building experience let them build it and save money

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#4 LawMike27

LawMike27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Let me elaborate. During Black Friday I'm buying this PC strictly for playing PC games @ the highest level of performance I can afford, so as time is an issue I hope to see your response soon! :)

Thanks for the responses. The build you suggested looks nice. Is there a reason you chose that particular build? I care more about saving a few bucks than the appearance of the case :) I also saw that you selected 120mm liquid cooling. I've never used a liquid cooled machine. What are the drawbacks/benefits? Would I need to buy coolant and open the CPU in order to fill the liquid cooling unit?

Last, about the video card. Would the GeForce GTX 1060 be a better choice? Or do I need to match an AMD GPU with an AMD CPU? The GeForce is on a black friday mega sale.  That's why I ask.

Thanks for your time and input!

Edited by LawMike27, 24 November 2016 - 09:20 PM.

#5 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for the responses. The build you suggested looks nice. Is there a reason you chose that particular build? I care more about saving a few bucks than the appearance of the case :) I also saw that you selected 120mm liquid cooling. I've never used a liquid cooled machine. What are the drawbacks/benefits? Would I need to buy coolant and open the CPU in order to fill the liquid cooling unit?

Last, about the video card. Would the GeForce GTX 1060 be a better choice? Or do I need to match an AMD GPU with an AMD CPU? The GeForce is on a black friday mega sale.  That's why I ask.

Thanks for your time and input!

You can switch case. I thought I chose Cooler Master Hyper 212, but those pages are quite complex. You don't need AMD GPU with AMD CPU. How "mega" that GeForce sale is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users