Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: New Gaming CPU: Black Friday Sale!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LawMike27

LawMike27

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Laptop or Desktop? desktop

My budget for the new computer is: $800-$1000

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?

Gaming (Currently only WoW, because my old gaming cpu can't handle much more & only handles WoW in 20 person raids on minimal settings.

What software do you intend on using on the computer?

Gaming software (Installed games, Curse client, Discord) Perhaps eventually GLEIM CPA review software. Microsoft Excel/Office. Perhaps Quickbooks

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? Lol :) Yes I'm buying this computer to play awesome computer games.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? I tend to attempt to close everything when I'm done using it, but for Warcraft raids it'd be nice to have descriptions of the fights open on my second monitor &/or Pandora streaming on my second.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? No. No pictures or music - I'd consider using it to stream Pandora while I play cpu games.

Will you be overclocking? No

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? Florida, United States.

How many monitors are you planning to use? 2 (but if mandatory, I'd just use one)

Do you need peripherals? OS? Not too sure what peripherals this means. I'm a computer novice, at best.

Any particular reason why you are upgrading? I purchased the components for my old gaming CPU six years ago after the release of the new Diablo (before expansions) and attempted to assemble it after work - I eventually just paid a Comp USA employee $50 for building it for me. This old gaming CPU barely runs 20 person Warcraft raids @ minimal settings, and I'd like to crank the graphics for once and to expand my gaming repertoire to include more recent MMO & other titles. I would love to build another one, but that just isn't feasible with my current restrictions (and I don't want to bust a $500 part) So, I'm buying a preassembled one :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LawMike27

LawMike27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

http://www.digitalstorm.com/vanquish-5.asp I know everyone here knows more than me about great deals on gaming rigs. This is about the best I've found, and to be honest looking at specs I just don't know what is best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users