Hello all, I'm new here. I was hoping that someone might have an idea of what might be causing the problem I'm having, because I'm lost and desperate, and I'm not great with networking beyond the basics. I'm having a problem where I'll suddenly lose connectivity completely from my router, both wired and wireless. On a PC it's no internet access but connected to the network, plus IP address conflict popup. On iOS, it sees the network but just spins trying to join. Power cycling the router and equipment does nothing. The only thing that corrects it is a hard reset of the router and using the default SSID. If I change it to my old SSID name, the devices immediately have issues again. Is there something about that network name that it's now tainted for use by my devices? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm lost.
Here's the backstory, as succinctly as I can, if it helps piece things together:
- Previous home: Comcast through Arris SB6141 to TP-Link Archer C8, with NAS via USB 3.0. No problem for 1.5 years.
- Moved to a new home and repeated that setup; worked for a month before the problem first arose.
- Sudden loss of internet as I mentioned above. Countless calls with Comcast and TP-Link support with finger-pointing. Bought a new modem, which didn't correct the problem. Had problems with TP-Link tech support responding quickly and couldn't get traction with Comcast.
- Switched ISPs to Verizon FiOS. Started with their leased Quantum Gateway connected via Ethernet instead of MOCA and tentatively used their default SSID and key.
- Finally received RMA replacement from TP-Link weeks later and installed it to replace the Verizon gateway. Set it up with my old network name and it worked fine for 5 days before suddenly losing connectivity. I tried to rename the network and it causes everything to lose connectivity.