Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bought Me A Laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

Yup I bought it today and it get's here next week (had to special order the english version :thumbsup:)

But now I am disappoited. I have just been reading around the web and I have noticed on the site where I bought it that the french model has in the specifications the ATI Express 200M and in the english model the X1300. I bought this laptop thinking that it was the X1300. I went reading a little on NCIX.com and noticed that there was a forum post there and that the NCIX.com staff had also listed the laptop as having the X1300 but some people who know a little about computers noticed that it wasn't. They posted that to the forum and a staff from NCIX.com called Acer. From what I hear that the mistake was company wide and that they issued a correction and my model number that I just bought today (August 25) is listed but that forum post was posted on August 14...

I just put a 100$ deposit on this laptop. If this isn't the X1300 do you think that I could get my money back and if they refuse do you think I would have a case of False advertising and force them to give me my money back?? I bought this computer for the X1300...

Thanks
Klink

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

Now is the time to call and get verification one way or the other. I know if it was Dell they would accept a return. Are you saying that you bought a pig in the poke? In other words, didn't you get a specification sheet/contract at time of purchase or before?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

I did get the spec sheet but from what I heard is that the spec sheat that Acer sent to all it's retailers for that model doesn't match the laptop that is in the box with the laptop. This is a mistake made by Acer...

Well now it's the weekend so I dought anybody at the store or Acer will be able to help me. I think I am going to ask them to open up the box and look at the laptop before I actually pay the balance (I put a 100$ deposit...) and explain to them what I learned...

But the thing is I think the store knew about this because they corrected the french model (same model number but french OS) but maybe they forgot to do the english model...

Also on my contract it says the model number of the computer with the X200 but the spec sheat that the store gave me has the X1300 written down...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 25 August 2006 - 09:35 PM.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

Can anyone else help here?

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

I am not sure how we here at Bleeping Computer can help you with this. I mean, as advised earlier you clearly need to speak to the seller as soon as possible.

What method of payment did you use? A check? If so if you don't get satisfaction speaking to the seller stop payment. A credit card? Sometimes the credit card company can reverse charges.

But talk to the seller first obviously. You are taking the words of someone in a forum somewhere over the sellers word. Speak to them and see what they have to say.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

Ok, I will go and talk with them as soon is it arrives

BTW haven't actually paid for it since they are ordering it in but I did put a 100$ deposit that they have received.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users