Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Best Machine To Copy 35mm Transparencies ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whatapalaver

whatapalaver

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:06 PM

Is there a scanner on the market that will scan and copy 35mm colour tranparencies. and nothing else?

I have 2000+ framed transparencies, a Canon 4200F scanner, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 4. I haven't used the 4200F to scan and copy transparencies even though I bought it on the recommendation that it will do a fine job.

Yes, I know that I should give it a go, but I'm wondering if there is a better machine.

whatapalaver

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hi whataplava!

As long as the one that you have will scan transparencies, you should be fine. You can fine tune the adjustments on it to get a better quality and a higher resolution image, which will take longer but will yeild better results.

TBH I wouldn't spend the money on a specialty machine for this one thing. Any scanner that has the ability to scan the things that you need should be fine. Even lower end (cheap) scanners usually have a higher setting that will allow you to make higher quality scans that are fine for all purposes. I have a cheap scanner, and when I scan pictures that I was to have printed, I just up the settings to get a higher quality scan.

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 whatapalaver

whatapalaver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

Good evening stevealmighty,

I've been asking around and, yes, what you have told me ties in with what has been said elsewhere. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to use this Canon 4200F [should have done it long before now].

Best wishes. whatapalaver

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:13 PM

Glad I could help! Best of luck with your project!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users