Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Going Blank

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bad-People

Bad-People

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:46 PM

Lenovo G50-45 Windows 8.1

Every once in a while, usually while I'm doing something my screen will just go totally blank. The backlight is still on, the fan will still be on if it was already going, but there won't be any picture or sound, and it wont respond to any input.

This happens semi-randomly it seems, happening sometime weeks, or months in between occurrences, but often once it happens it will happen again about two days later and then have a longer gap after that.

All I can do is hold down the power button until it shuts off and then turn it back on.

I'm certain it's not overheating because usually it happens when it hasn't been running long, often when it hasn't even been running for an hour, and usually it's still fairly cool to the touch and gets much hotter than it has been when this has happened.

It's not a huge problem since it happens so infrequently (Save for the times it happens twice in a couple of days, really hope it doesn't get more frequent) but conversely it makes it hard to tell if anything I've tried to fix it works because it'll take a long time to see if it happens again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users