Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection lost

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 espoo_hopper

espoo_hopper

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

Hi All

I need help as my internet connection has failed. I am running Windows 10 and until recently all was fine. After a break of a few weeks I put the computer on to find no connection. An additional problem is my lack of any meaningful understanding of this side of computing.

In Network Connections I have -

Ethernet

Network cable unplugged

Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (ND15 6.30)

and

Wireless Network Connection 3

Enabled

FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC860

I have uninstalled the Ethernet controller and reinstalled it to no effect. It is also shown as enabled when I click on it in Network Connections.

In Device Manager both the above are shown as working properly.

Under Wireless Network Connection 3 my modem name is followed by Connected, secured.

In Windows Network Diagnostics I get the message -

There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection adapter.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

What does your network consist and how are you connected to it? Does a ethernet plug into your computer or are you trying to use the wireless adapter? In your previous posts you spoke of a wireless repeater. How does that play a role?

#3 espoo_hopper

espoo_hopper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Hi Trikein

I'm using a USB wifi stick and have been doing so for the last couple of years without a problem. Link is phone line to Talktalk modem via CAT5e RG11 cable.

I can't see my reference to a wireless repeater. Other devices, PC using the same USB device and iPad, are working via wifi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users